Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pirate Cave

When we lived in Amarillo, my son's room had two closets.  Often I would leave him in his room playing and then go back to check on him and he wouldn't be there.  Being a hider, he was usually sitting in his closet, just hanging out.  So I decided to take the door off his 2nd closet and make it into a "Baby Cave".

After we moved back to Central Texas, he again had two closets.  I wanted something a little older for him, since he was almost 3.  He was really into Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so I drew inspiration from that.  And so the "Pirate Cave" was born. 

My mom and I found decorations at dollar stores and Hobby Lobby, and I used a shelf that a church member had given us for his mini bookcase.  I also continued to use the pillows I had from my classroom.  The "sail" that covers the door is actually a shower curtain I found at Dollar Tree.  Then I dressed up Wrinkles, my favorite stuffed animal from childhood, and the cave was perfect!  Joshua loves to sit and play in his cave.  Anytime we have a playdate with friends, they usually play in there as well.  So it was well-worth the time and effort!







No comments:

Post a Comment